- University of Maryland Medicine Hospital for Children
- Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind
- DC Regional Affiliate of the National Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments (DC, VA, MD)
- University of Maryland Medicine Hospital for Children Learning Disabilities Health Guide
- Special Needs Kids Info website
Provides research-based information on effective practices for children with disabilities as well as information on disabilities in children and youth; programs and services for infants, children, and youth; IDEA; and No Child Left Behind. Look for NICHCY state-specific information to locate contacts in your area.
Parent Centers serve families of children of all ages (birth-26 years) with all disabilities (physical, cognitive, behavioral, social, and emotional). Site includes a map to find Parent Centers in your state.
OSEP is dedicated to improving results for infants, toddlers, children, and youth with disabilities by providing leadership and financial support to assist states and local districts.
Provides practical advice and educational information for families of children and adults with disabilities and special healthcare needs. Publishes Exceptional Parentmagazine 10 times per year.
- The Balancing Act
- Division for Early Childhood's Recommended Practices Toolkit
- Engaging and Empowering Families in Secondary Transition
- Family-Based Practices - YEC Monograph 5
- Involving Latino Families in Schools
- Life Beyond the Classroom
- Life Skill Lessons
- Steps to Self-Determination
- Strategies at Hand: Quick Strategies for Students With Autism
- The View From Here DVD (VHS also available)